WEEK 2 OF FILMING - MEADOWHALL/CAR SCENE

Week 2 of January, I ended up taking two of my friends to Sheffield to film this scene. The original plan was to hang balloons out of the windows of the car whilst driving through Sheffield at night. However, this didn't go to plan because I was working by myself, I needed me and the two other girls to be in this video, To add to that, the two girls don't study media and wouldn't be able to capture the shot I was hoping for or know how to use the equipment without me having to take a lot of time out to explain how to use it.
We also decided when we drove through Sheffield at night that it would just be easier to go elsewhere, somewhere we can pull up with no other traffic around. The closest place near by was Meadowhall (a shopping centre) car park. We had to change different car parks though a few times, which meant we had to keep setting up and packing away the equipment. This was because a lot of young boy racers were found to hang out there on a Friday night which we didn't know about until we arrived there. The boy racers started doing loops around us and pipping which made us feel uncomfortable so it took us about 15 minutes to find a car park that no one was in.
I set up the camera normally, balancing it on the tripod when filming establishing shots such as the ones below with the three girls in. We ran through the song twice, capturing two videos of this shot which included lip syncing and synchronised dancing throughout . I then set up the camera for the long shot captured below of the girls hanging out the car while its being driven. The original plan for this was to sit and dance on the roof of the car but we decided not to do this in case any damage was caused to the car such as dints and scratches, or if someone dropped off and injured themselves severely .
The shots of the car being driven around, such as the last screenshot below I filmed myself of the other two girls whipping around in the car. This was so I was able to capture shots to the best I possibly could, that I wouldn't be able to capture if I left the camera on its own with the tripod.
After importing all of these videos to the way I wanted them on premiere pro, I added the strobe light effect on top with hot/warm colours such as bright pink, red, yellow, orange etc. which gave it a more wild and free feel to the video.
I think this scene ultimately gives out a feel of rebelling and having fun with your mates, also with the song being about being '17', being legal to drive plays a major part during this time of your life. This is predominately why I included a car, also a fiat 500 which is a typical common girls car.

Comments