The Fairy Glitter effect and what it involved

So personally, I found the fairy glitter effect probably the most challenging part of the making of my video, mainly because it was extremely time consuming and with me working by myself made it much more stressful for me.
I was adamant from the very beginning of the plan for my video that I did want to include this at least somewhere in my video. I was fully determined to try and create the most realistic glitter I  possibly could.
I learnt how to create this whirl winding effect from the the 20 minute youtube tutorial attached below. This Youtube tutorial required a lot of effort stopping and starting, rewinding and pausing etc because the youtube guide was moving extremely fast. This effect took me 2 hours to complete, over my actual media lesson and one of my free periods.
If I could go back again, I would research how to do this effect before actually capturing the video footage. I would probably use a wand to make the glitter look more realistic and to make everything seem more magical and mysterious.
After I imported the adobe after effects fairy glitter effect that I had successfully created, I added extra highlight and contrast to make the glitter brighter, more shiny and sparkly.
To create a repetitive, continuous pattern, I added this effect on every clip that was filmed in the woodland and outdoors. This was ultimately to give out the impression to the audience of a magical atmosphere, predominately suggesting that being the age of '17' and being young is mysterious and like no other. In other words, I used this effect to suggest there is something magical, extraordinary and supernatural about being this age because of the amount of freedom you have, because it's a stress free, fun life.
Screenshots of my own clips that are included with the glitter effect on are attached below the YouTube tutorial I followed.
This is one of my favourite effects I have ever created during my time studying media for the past two years, even though it was definitely the most stressful!

Comments